This set of rules is not a comprehensive list of safety rules and guidelines for the use and ownership of Airsoft guns. This list is intended to assist the Airsoft Owner and User in understanding the responsibility that is a fundamental part of owning one of these products. There is no substitute for common sense and discretion when utilizing one of these products.
- Always point your airsoft gun in a safe direction.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
- Always keep your gun unloaded until it is ready to use.
- Wear proper eye protection when playing with airsoft guns. Full face masks are highly recommended.
TREAT ALL AIRSOFT GUNS AS IF THEY ARE REAL GUNS!
- DO NOT ASSUME that an orange tip will clearly identify the airsoft gun as such; the general public that is unfamiliar with airsoft can mistake airsoft guns for real guns and criminals have been known to have real guns painted with orange tips.
- Keep in mind that at even a moderate distance, it may be impossible to tell an airsoft gun from the real thing. In order to maintain a safe playing environment and to not alarm non-players, caution and discretion must always be practiced.
- When using airsoft guns, make sure everyone within view of you understands and approves of what you are playing with and what you are doing.
- Always transport airsoft guns unloaded and inside a box or a bag.
- Airsoft sports should only take place in legal settings, never in areas where it is prohibited by legal statute at any level, or contrary to the will of the landowner.
- Never use or display airsoft guns in public places such as schools, parks, etc.
BE RESPONSIBLE, RESPECT YOUR COMMUNITY, OBEY THE LAW!
- Most states require that you be 18 years or older to purchase and own an airsoft gun or have permission from a parent or legal guardian.
- Parents and legal guardians are legally responsible for the minor’s possession and use of an airsoft gun.
- If a law enforcement officer approaches you while you are using airsoft guns, immediately COMPLY FULLY WITH THE OFFICER’S INSTRUCTIONS and STAND STILL. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SHOW THE POLICE OFFICER YOUR “ORANGE TIP”. If the gun is in your hand, drop it immediately. If the gun is on your person, do not reach for it and keep your hands clearly away from the gun.
- If a neighbor or nearby person asks you to stop playing with your airsoft guns, immediately stop and stow away your guns.
- If you use your airsoft guns to threaten another person, vandalize property, or shoot at innocent bystanders, you WILL be charged with committing a crime.
- Your local laws may vary and it is your responsibility to be fully aware of them.